A couple of weeks ago I started the Budding Shawlette to knit with my bright sunny yarn that I dyed with kool aid last month. This project FLEW off my needles. Almost literally. I love the end result.
Rocky didn't exactly appreciate the lack of attention he got during the knitting of the shawl, but he doesn't appreciate anything less than 110% of my attention focused on him, so that was to be expected.
I actually ran out of yarn during the last chart and used some leftover Malabrigo sock to finish the shawl. The pink was a good match, so that worked out perfectly.
I used US7/4.5mm needles, and did 12 repeats total of chart #2, and repeated the last 4 rows of chart 3 an additional time. The shawl, with the added Malabrigo took ~502 yards total of yarn.
I used both beaded charts (the simple and the complex options) and also used three different colors of beads to add to the gradient effect of the yarn.
- Repeats 1-2 of chart 2 had no beads
- Repeats 3-6 of chart 2 had gold beads and used the simple beaded chart
- Repeat 7 of chart 2 had topaz beads with pink lining and used the simple beaded chart
- Repeats 8-10 of chart 2 had topaz beads with pink lining & used the COMPLEX beaded chart
- Repeats 11-12 of chart 2 had pink and used the COMPLEX beaded chart
- Chart 3 used pink beads, and the complex beaded chart. Rows 11-14 of chart 3 were repeated.
The only thing I wish that I had done better is my bind off. I bound off with larger needles, and used a stretchy bind off, but my bind off is still really tight. I must have been stressed/distracted/hurried/etc when I did my bind off. My points at the border are pretty much non-existent, but that's okay the end result is still so beautiful.
My end result is a shawl that measures 27" down the spine with a 63" wingspan