First Finished WIP:
King of Kings
(AKA the never ending shawl from hell)
Pattern: Percy by Sanne Kalkman
Needles: US 7 / 4.5 mm
Yarn: Cosmic Fibers Ara Stellar
Color: Sweeney Todd
Edging Yarn: DIC Starry
Color: Midnight Derby
Beads: Size 6/0
(replaced the nupps, and extended through the points)
55” across, 27” from base to tip
Beads added (see above), Ran out of my Sweeny Todd yarn so did a contrasting edging.
I am so very very very happy that this is done. I giggled like a madwoman when blocking it. I mean seriously this thing took me almost a year, and THEN I RAN OUT OF YARN... Well, actually now that it's done and I weighed the yarn I PROBABLY could have finished but when you have something like 20 rows to go and 6 or 7 grams or yarn, you start to worry. The end result is pretty and it makes me happy AND I'm pretty sure it makes other people jealous. Right?
Second Finished WIP:
Knives Chau: 17 Years Old
My very first Scott Pilgrim Fandom knit. :D The scarf is just twisted rib, 17 stripes, each stripe is 5" long, so the total scarf is 85" long. I maybe could have gone longer but I was really stuck n wanting 17 stripes.
Details are as follows:
- Cast on 24 stitches
- Using twisted rib create stripes
- Each stripe is 5” (or 27 rows)
- Bind Off after 17 stripes are finished
Needles: US 9 / 5.5 mm
Yarn: Cascade 220
Colors: 4002 (JET) & 8505 (WHITE)
AND FOR MY NEW PROJECT:
I cast on the Snapdragon Tam by Ysolda.
For some reason my brain wasn't functioning when I first cast this on Tuesday night. It took me 5 attempts:
- Attempt one: CO too few stitches
- Attempt two: Started knitting WITHOUT STITCH MARKERS and lost the beginning of my round
- ATTEMPT 3: too MANY stitches… I need enough for 5 repeats, and I CO for 5 1/2
- Attempt 4: I Twisted the G.D. stitches
- Attempt 5: FRAKKING finally