Monday, December 27, 2010

No Knitting - Only Running :)

I have been ill and unable to breathe and I am finally feeling better. I have signed up (along with the rest of my family) to run a 5K for the Make-a-Wish foundation.

This is a cause that is very important to me for so many reasons.

First of all I need the motivation to get running again. So that I can continue to be healthy and help myself on several levels.

Second of all 10 and a half years ago I lost my younger cousin to cancer. It was her second time battling the disease. To say losing her merely affected me is an understatement. I was devastated. I loved her like a little sister and I still hold her very close to my heart. I've seen the wishes granted and the miracles that this foundation has performed. I'm running for me, and I want to raise money as well. I've made several donations to other runners and the foundation in general. I've set my personal fundraising goal at $200. If any one is willing to even spare $1.00 I'd greatly appreciate it. From the bottom of my heart.

My Donation Page

No comments: