Saturday, July 28, 2007

New Yarns!

So, I broke another one of my rules concerning my knitting. NO NEW YARN until I've knitted the old yarn up. But I went out and bought loads of yarn today. I got 4 skeins of a cotton/linen/silk blend, 3 in a turquoise-ish blue and one in a magenta-ish purple. Plus this skien of really soft kind of fuzzy polyester yarn that was too nice and too cheap to pass up. Plus 2 skeins of thick and quick for a project that I have in mind, 2 other Bernat satin acrylic skeins that I will use for something, and 2 skeins of ribbon yarn. And 3 more that were chunky 2 color woven yarns... 2 brown/taupe/white and one blue/white.

It's very exciting. I can't wait to get to my knitting.

I'm going to start on my first ever attempted sock project tomorrow with Aynsley. We're going to use worsted weight slipper socks as our first sock project. I'll post pictures later.

PS: I've not made any progress at all on my current WIPs. I did, however, make a skinny "house unity scarf" that didn't get finished in time for the Deathly Hallows release despite my crazed super knitting speed, shortening of my desired length, and the ussage of large needles. I'll make a post with pictures for that too, eventually.

No comments: