Saturday, August 4, 2007

and now... my current WIPs

These are the new WIPs that I've started since finding my camera. Both of them are scarves. (=bad news since I never seem to actually FINISH a scarf)

First I have the cross-over scarf, pattern taken from the DIY network. I tweaked it a bit to get the size I wanted and the amount of "X's" that I wanted. I'm not sure that I like it though. I'm thinking of just frogging the whole thing and maybe attempting it again later. I really get bored easily with scarves. I don't even think I have enough of the color of yarn to even finish the whole thing, so I'd probably have to do stripes with it.... The whole thing seems to just not want to work out this time around. I think I messed up my Xs as well. They don't seem to actually make an X shape.






The second WIP that I've got is much less frustrating. I've started a simple moss stitch scarf in Caron Bliss yarn (The color is called 'merlot'). It is so soft, and the moss stitch is so easy to knit. It is almost mesmerizing to just sit and knit this. It'll be so nice to have this great big soft scarf. It's also in one of my favorite colors. I can't wait to finish it. I've got 3 balls/skeins of the yarn, I'm just going to knit all 3 of them into the scarf. I really can't think of much else to do with the yarn. I wouldn't like it as a hat.

The first picture doesn't really show the color very well. And none of the pictures can possibly give you any idea of how soft this yarn is. I love it. I'm thinking of getting more to make a throw with, but I really should finish the scarf first!

No comments: