Saturday, August 25, 2007

Perhaps some matching wrist warmers/fingeless gloves to match my hat?

So I've been turning over this idea in my head, and I'm not quite sure whether or not it is a go or not. I thought it would help the idea process to type it up, and I'm curious to what everyone else thinks....

I'm considering making a pair of fingerless gloves/wrist warmers to match my recently finished Ginny Weasley inspired hat.... I have Malabrigo Merino worsted in the same color (tiger lily) that I used on the hat and thought that they would make a good project. I'm thinking that I can even have a couple of purl rows surrounding an eyelet round so that I can have little bows on the top of my hands. In my head and in my sketches this all sounds like a great idea, but in practice it may just look dumb and tacky. I'm thinking that I can keep the underside all in ribbing to keep them nice and snug.... I'm also thinking a picot bind off edge at the top would look nice, but that's partially because I haven't done one yet and would like to incorporate one somehow. That may be scratched in the long run.... I'm think size 8 dpns will do the trick. I've got to make a swatch and determine my gauge and maybe just get to it. I've also got to finish my other WIPs......

Just wanted to post a little about my ideas.... I'm in need to have quick and easy finish projects. School starts Monday. I'm in for a hell of a semester and very little free time. (I also intend to spend nearly all of my free time knitting... lol)

No comments: