Saturday, August 4, 2007

My ever-growing yarn stash and knitting bag

I just bought 7 more skeins of cascade 220 (in maize and black, I needed some hufflepuff yarn) and 1 skein of Malabrigo Chunky, but this is what my stash currently looks like. Just wanted to add that more was coming...

First I have the Plymouth Encore in 2 colors (dark forest green and dark grey) that I'm using for Luke's slytherin scarf, I bought more than the pattern called for in order to make a matching hat and other things. I also have some cascade cloud 9 in color 112 (one of the discontinued colors) that I bought at the same time from yarn.com. Both were on sale. I am actually going to buy more of the cloud 9 and then knit 2 colors at the same time into a mock-cable scarf. When I get around to it.

Then I have the yarn that I bought at last weekends trip to the LYS, Gail Knits. Where I bought 4 skeins of Adrienne Vittadini Emma. It's a cotton/viscose/silk blend yarn. I bought three in a turquoise color (color #94) and one in a purple color (color #91). I loved the purple, but there was only one left. I snatched it up. I might try and find more of it. I also got one skein of GGH Vamos. It, like the purple, only had one left so I snatched it. I have no clue what I will do with either of these yarns.



I also picked up quite the collection of acrylic yarn also during my weekend shopping trip. (Fiber snobbery aside, I really like some of the nicer acrylics, and they're machine washable which is always a bonus.) There's also some ribbon yarn, I think I may try to make a drop stitch scarf with. They look easy enough to do and are very pretty.

I've also got a shoe box full of yarns that are left over from other projects. Not enough for a project themselves, but too much yarn to just throw out. This collection of yarns has actually come in handy quite a few times.

Then I have a box with 4 skeins of Bernat Masala, 2 of each color: tidal tones and hyacinth hues. There's also 3 skeins of a black 100% cotton yarn, a small skien of black free trade yarn that Aynsley bought in New York. 3 skeins of wool-ease: one in oxford grey, 2 in peacock. Also there's some pink eyelash yarn that Aynsley won on ebay. I've not clue what to do with the eyelash yarn.



Then I have my collection of Malabrigo Merino Worsted. This is absolutely my favorite yarn. It's the yarn that made me see how much better nice yarns are than the cheaper acrylics. I have several different colors. I'm planning on doing my ravenclaw scarf when I get around to it in this yarn (roanoke for the bronze, and azul profundo for the blue). I also might use the tiger lily color for my Ginny Weasley inspired hat.



I have 2 balls that I just wound up yesterday of Cascade 220 in color 9404 (ruby) which was bought because I planned to do the hatmione and matching mittens out of it. (Because that's the recommended color that matches the movie.) I'm think I might do it out of the Jewel Blue Malabrigo that I have instead now. I'm not sure though.I have 10 skeins of chenille that I've bought and yet to use. I have several ideas for it, but haven't put any to the test. This yarn is a bit difficult to knit because of shredding.Lastly I have my collection of Brown Sheep Lambs Pride bulky in several colors. (Including colors to create a couple more Jayne hats.) I also in this picture have several balls of navy wool. I use that wool for simple/test projects.


I also took pictures of my new knitting bag because I was feeling camera crazed and I love this new tote bag!

No comments: